Catalyst is a free development program designed to help passionate young people become effective changemakers for animals.
Over 4 weekends, students will participate in interactive workshops and meet guest speakers from the local pro-animal movement, followed by three months of one-on-one mentoring to help them follow through with goals set in the workshops. They’ll learn about the issues affecting animals today, develop skills to help them advocate for animals, and explore how they can be a part of something bigger.
By the end of the program, students will have developed…
- Foundational knowledge of animal justice issues
- A community of like-minded peers
- Critical thinking and assertive communication skills
- Self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Increased sense of global citizenship and duty to the community
- Knowledge of career opportunities and volunteer pathways
Catalyst will take place at the Hawthorn Library, 584 Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn, starting March 3rd, 2018.